7 months ago, a friend took me to try a new exercise routine she was doing i.e. Crossfit. Ever since my first workout, which consisted of 3 rounds for time of 400 m sprints followed by 15 deadlifts @ 225#, I was hooked. Since then, I have enjoyed the pain, disappointments, achievements, friends, and overall fitness I have gained in those 7 months. Crossfit has changed my outlook on fitness and training. While there will always be a place for other forms of exercise (i.e. water aerobics, Swedish training balls, and the occasional arm curl), I feel that a person who participates in Crossfit will see dramatic gains in performance and transform their body and mind. For more info on Crossfit, go here.
![]() |
| The Paleo Food Pyramid |
However, my gains that I once was seeing a few months ago have started to get smaller and smaller. This blog is my attempt to take my training and nutrition to the next level. For the next month, starting August 8th, 2010, I will be challenging myself to eat via the Paleo Diet to increase my power output, lower my times, and ultimately gain a higher level of fitness. Untill then, I will post some bench mark times and then repeat those workouts to see if my efforts have paid off.
I hope this blog will not only help me, but will encourage others to take fitness and nutrition seriously. I appreciate any helpful tips, support, ideas, or criticisms in the comments section. Thanks for reading!


Tip #1: Cold brew coffee.
ReplyDeleteI knew you had a thing for Swedish Balls.
ReplyDelete